1. The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
2. The Sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
3. The divine inspiration and trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
4. The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since, the fall, rendering humankind subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
5. Redemption from the guilt, penalty, pollution and power of sin only through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
6. The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, His ascension, His mediatorial work and His personal return in power and glory.
7. The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
8. The indwelling and sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
9. The only holy, universal church, which is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong and in which they are united through the Spirit.
10. The resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
and in signing
this Statement of Belief I desire to declare my personal faith in Jesus Christ
as my Saviour, my Lord and my God.
This is the Statement of Belief from The Christian Schools Trust original Trust Deed dated 7th October 1963 and signed by the founding Trustees – Clifford Cross, John Davies, Don Laugesen, John Lewis, Glyn Parry, William Taylor and Clifford Wells.